Whether you’ve been planning your visit to The Sandbox for months or are just popping in for a spur-of-the-moment visit, your trip is sure to be
a big hit! Our youngest visitors can play safely in Lullaby Lagoon where infants and toddlers can explore freely in a space designed specifically
for crawling, pulling up and playing on all fours! Bigger kids love to pretend on our shrimp boat the May River where they can explore the
seas on this playscape modeled after a working shrimp trawler.
In total the museum offers 11 hands-on exhibits, a weekly, staff-guided programs and annual events for members, local visitors and tourist. In addition to these family-focused activities, we also offer opportunities for local school to visit
on fieldtrips, Summer Camp, Parent’s Night Out and community
outreach programs. Contact us at (843) 705-6235 to learn more.
Before You Visit
Talk About Your Upcoming Visit
- Discuss what types of activities and exhibits you will see with your kid(s).
- Allow them to explore our photo gallery so they can see first-hand what the museum looks like
and anticipate what fun they will have!
- Find out what excites them and look for ways to relate to other things they are learning at school, home and within your community.
Remember: Kids Rule! (at The Sandbox Anyway)
- Follow your children’s lead! The Sandbox is designed especially for kids to create their own experience.
- Allow them to lead you through the museum at their pace—let them linger or move right along—whatever works for them!
- Encourage the use of imagination. Afford the time to get lost in make believe!
Reflect and Revisit
- Process your experience when you return home. Find out what your child learned during your visit and what you might do differently the next
- Tell us about your experience. We are here to serve you! We’d love to hear what you loved and what might make your
experience even better next time.
- If you love The Sandbox as much as we do, we hope you’ll come back again (or maybe three more times!?!). A family of four, visiting four or
more times pays the equivalent of a Family Membership and receives a number of other membership benefits, including
discounts and free admission tickets for guest. We offer a Grandparent Membership, too.
Policies and Procedures:
- Please see all our health and safety policies and procedures for physical distancing. All guests over age 3 years must wear a mask or facial
- All visitors will demonstrate respect for museum property.
- All Visitors will honor the property by consuming food/drinks on the museum porch only, discarding waste in designated receptacles.
- An area for parking strollers is provided.
- Children must be with their parent/caregiver at all times and must not be in any given area without the adult supervision. For example, one child may not be in the Art Studio alone while the parent/caregiver is with another child at the shrimp boat.
- Your visit to The Sandbox is an opportunity for parents/caregivers and children to play and interact with one another. Please do not use this
time to conduct business or talk on the phone while your child is waiting to play with you.
Please see availability calendar for days and times.
EBT Card Holders: $3
Seniors (65+): $7.50
Active Military: $7.50
Groups of 10 plus*: $9.00
Children (1+): $10.00
(0-12 Months): Free
Memberships includes unlimited admission and special discounts throughout the year.
Tanger Club Members: 1st SATURday of the Month $1.00 off admission when Tanger Card shown.