The Sandbox Children’s Museum Official Rules and Regulations
- The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the The Sandbox Children’s Museum (SBX) mission, programs and exhibits.
- Tickets will be sold throughout the community, in personal transactions by The Sandbox staff and volunteers as well as online.
- A maximum of 500 tickets will be sold at the following pricing structure: 1 ticket is $10, 3 for $25.
- The raffle is open to United States citizens or legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over.
- A maximum of 500 tickets will be available for purchase.
- No Sandbox purchase (gift shop, admission, membership etc.) is necessary to purchase raffle tickets.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase.
- Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual over the age of 18.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Online ticket sales will cease no later than 11:00am(EST) on Sunday, May 26, 2019.
- Ticket sales at the Sandbox/Stables event will cease no later than 12:00pm on Monday, May 27, 2019.
- The winner will be selected at a random drawing on Monday, May 27, 2019 at 1:00pm, at our Sandbox at the Stables event. (Or sooner if all tickets are sold before the raffle date)
- Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone or email according to the contact information provided to the The Sandbox Children’s Museum at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted and/or fails to respond within 48 hours of notification an alternate winner will be selected by The Sandbox. The winner will have 10 business days to accept the prize in writing. If the winner cannot accept the prize within 10 business days or fails to otherwise qualify for the prize, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the Grand Prize Package and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless The Sandbox, their respective subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- The Sandbox reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond The Sandbox’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by The Sandbox’s in its sole discretion. Reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, The Sandbox’s reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- SBX’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules and Regulations shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software ;(3) unauthorized human
intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, The Sandbox’s , at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket stubs up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules and Regulations to be available and/or claimed The Sandbox’s reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate South Carolina State Court located in Columbia, SC U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any
and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and SBX in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina.
- Winner will be notified by mail/phone/email and his/her name and state will be posted on our Facebook page and website.
Travel is valid for one (1) year from issued date (May 27, 2019), blackout dates may apply and redeemed travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Winner can review full terms and condition once Travel Certificate Acknowledgement is signed and received.
Marriott Vacation Club Restrictions:
Expiration date is October 13, 2019 and includes a 3 day/2 Night Villa Vacation Experience at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort, based on availability, in the United States, Carribbean, Asia, Australia and Europe. (full list available on back of the certificate)
Winner can review full terms and condition once Vacation Experience Acknowledgement is signed and received.