Let Your (Little) Feet Guide You
The Sandbox is proud to be Hilton Head Island’s premiere destination for early childhood, hands-on play and learning. Since we were founded in 2005, our primary goal has been educating young children through age-appropriate, interactive activities and exhibits enable children to play freely while exploring their creativity and discovering the world around them.
Located just off Pope Avenue on the south end of Hilton Head Island, The Sandbox is packed with 2500 square-feet of approachable activities that are just right for busy toddlers, elementary school-aged children and their families or caregivers.
In addition to our 11 hands-on exhibits we also offer:
- Museum Programs – Imagination Hour, Free Family Fun Night, and Summer Camp are a few ways that we provide a structured environment that encourages learning through play.
- Facility Rentals – Check out our complete Birthday party package! Available during and after-hours for up to 12 children.
- Special Summer Programs – We know that summer schedules can be tricky. That’s why we offer two great programs designed especially for kids and parents during the dog-days of summer— Parent’s Night Out and Summer Camp
- Events – Annual events allow members and visitors to explore the museum while enjoying special outdoor playscapes and participate in themed activities and crafts.
- Membership – We are pleased to offer Family and Grandparent Membership options that are ideal for those visiting the museum four or more times a year. In addition to admission, you’ll receive a number of membership benefits—including discounts and free admission for your guest!
- Outreach – We strive to extend our mission and vision beyond the walls of the museum by partnering with other community organizations throughout Hilton Head Island and Bluffton. Please join our email list for the timely communication regarding these types events and to receive our quarterly newsletter “Beyond the Box” that focuses on ways to foster learning through play and home and in your own community.