“One Hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of house you lived in... what kind of car you drove... what your bank balance was... but
what will matter is that you were important in the life of a child.”
-Adapted from a quote by Forest Witcraft
We thank our dedicated volunteers who give of their time to the Sandbox.
Volunteers with a special interest in working with children:
- Registration Desk: Greet guests; answer questions about the museum; assist in stocking, displaying and selling merchandise in the gift shop;
share your knowledge about the museum, exhibits and programs.
- Museum Educator: Interact with children in the exhibits to facilitate positive learning experiences; encourage play and exploration; assist
with guiding groups and setting up programs
- Storytelling: Using books, props or small activities to engage children in an approved literary selection; engage participants and encourage
Volunteers with special talents who want to work from home:
- Membership Assistant: Process membership application; prepare renewal reminders; assist with marketing of memberships
- Clerical Assistance: Help with preparation of newsletter and other mailings; routine correspondence for museum staff
Volunteers with special talents interested in periodic tasks:
- Exhibit Assistant: Repair and maintain existing exhibits; assist with repairs and renovations as needed (with assistance from Exhibit Maintenance
Co Chair Committee)
- Special Event Assistant: Assist with specific fundraisers or other museum events; attend committee meetings; assist during event with various
- General Maintenance Assistant: Routine repairs throughout the museum; handyman projects as needed
- Program Assistant: Assist program director with supply inventory, maintenance of program areas and materials as needed.
Students interested in completing school internships or community hours:
- High School Internships: Internships for area high school students interested in service projects through school programs will be provided
- College Internships: Internships for local higher education students interested in completing clinical or internship requirements through approved
programs will be provided each semester.